LE-1000 Driving Simulator
Decision-Making Driver Training
FAAC is dedicated to providing the highest fidelity in training products on the market. Our core focus is simulation technology that provides your officers with a life-like virtual training environment. Understanding your training objectives and budget, FAAC works with you to develop your optimum training solution.
FAAC’s pedigree in professional driver training simulation is unparalleled. FAAC maintains a comprehensive in-house team to support the Public Safety market. We focus on a Customer-for-Life philosophy to understand, develop, deliver, and support your specific training program.
Police Driver Training Simulator
FAAC’s LE-1000 is an advanced training system developed for Emergency Vehicle Operator training to teach and assess judgment and decision-making skills. A comprehensive training curriculum ensures both instructor and student have the most advanced tools in the industry at their fingertips.
Driver Cab Features
• Industry-leading EVO training curriculum package
• Multi-skill scenario library
• Single or multi-student role-play
• Comprehensive Train-the-Trainer syllabus
• Generic or custom vehicle hardware
• Reconfigurable instrumentation graphics
• High fidelity interactive environmental cues
• 3 DOF motion cues
• Current fleet-vehicle handling models
• Fixed facility or mobile compatible
• Cross-training interoperability with MILO Range force option simulator
- Simulated Mobile Data Terminal (SMDT)
- After-Action Scenario Review System (AASR) with synchronized live video and audio playback
- Advanced Tactical Instructor Package (includes AASR/SMDT/Active Radio)
- Apple iPhone/iPad/iTouch APP for remote instructor controls
- Rabbit/flying eyepoint
- Multi-simulator network
- Active Radio
Specifications: FAAC’s proprietary software system enables the student vehicle to respond to the environment and operator maneuvers, such as speed, road friction, wind and driver inputs.
- Footprint no larger than 10′ x 5 ½” with a nominal eye-to-screen viewing distance of 32″ (varies as a function of seat position)
- Components are easily disassembled and can fit through a standard 36″ x 80″ single door
- Each instructor operator station can control up to four VIP-5 simulators, so instructors can conduct coordinated response training or several individual sessions independently
- Windows®-based computer and operating systems ensure that off-the-shelf products can be used, making upgrades simple and cost effective
- High fidelity, dynamic Doppler effect surround sound for continuous and asynchronous vehicle sounds to enhance acceleration, deceleration, and cornering – other sounds include engine speed, road noise, tire skidding, brake application, and collisions with vehicles and other objects, such as signs, road markers, trees and buildings
The Scenario Toolbox is a lesson-building tool gives instructors the freedom to craft a custom exercise based on training need. For example, if your agency is experiencing a spike in right-side pedestrian knockdowns you can build a scenario that reinforces proper right-side mirror use and space management. Many agencies use the Scenario Toolbox to script lessons based on annual accident statistics. Use the Scenario Toolbox to train new and experienced drivers in a variety of skills.
- Refresher courses
- Post-accident reviews
- Basic skills like turns, forward planning, defensive driving
- Several models of student vehicles
- More than 60 passenger and commercial scriptable vehicles
- Up to four virtual worlds in which to script specific training lessons
- 2D development screen and 3D preview screen
- Objects such as tree overhangs, construction barriers, bus stops, buildings, traffic signs, etc.
- Traffic light and driver audio controls
Trainers can access easy-to-use features to build scenarios.
- Build basic fundamental scripts for new hires
- Create complex, advanced scripts for veteran drivers
- Reinforce training against specific accident types
- Instructors can pause scripts to discuss procedures, techniques, and reinforcement
- Switch to overhead view to review and reinforce street-level situations
- Replay a student’s driving lesson to discuss and reinforce what went well and what didn’t
DRIVINGFORCE: The Only Fully Integrated Driving And Force Options Simulator:
Nothing more closely matches the scenarios officers face during a patrol cycle than the compressed situational dynamics of a DrivingForce training exercise. Officers will do exactly the same things in the training room that they do on duty: receiving and responding to a call in their patrol car, conducting an investigation or a field interview, making a simulated arrest, or even implementing a level of force necessary to gain compliance from a subject.